Monday, January 17, 2011

Of Rage, Anger Management, and Ptarmigans that Perspire

Dear Masai and Welch,

너 죽고 싶어?

Yup, that's right--my Korean has progressed admirably, and felicitously enough I just learned this new phrase (my third) last night.

Before my pathetic existence was so heartlessly ruined by the news of a Punk Dunk in Psuedo-Wyoming, I added the not-so-wimpy subspecies of the Greater Nuthatch as well as the Migrating Turd to my SWSA list on a pleasant five-mile dash around Reed's Lake. You know you're jealous.

In other news, Delmi and I decided that snowshoeing should definitely be included into this SWSA foolishness. Our rationale is as follows: you get sweaty. Trundling and tripping in snowshoes recalls the ambulatorial abilities of ptarmigans, which, like Sanderlings, are birds, and also like Sanderlings, are white. So therefore, birds seen by the Perspiratory Ptarmigans should theoretically be included on our SWSA lists. So...Pileated Woodpecker, Ruffed Grouse, Common Goldeneye, Bald Eagle....

It was worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment