Monday, January 3, 2011

First Injury of the Year!

I promise, it's nowhere near as exciting as what you're probably imagining at the moment.

So, I was sitting in my bedroom reading about polyphony on earbirding.com (win) when I received a frantic phone call from my mom.

"NEEIL!! COME PICK ME UP RIGHT NOW, THERE ARE FOUR DOGS ATTACKING ME AND CHESTNUT!!"

As you can imagine, I jumped up and started descending the staircase at a frightening velocity. Only problem: my right foot was dreadfully asleep, and I fell down a stair or two and twisted my foot.

SHHHII---OOOOOOT! I howled, and grabbed the keys and flew out the door.

Turns out the dog attack was understandably exaggerated--my mom's assailants turned tail and fled when she started yelling at them.

It didn't occur to me that running 6.5 miles later in the afternoon would be a bad idea. I just did it, finding fourteen new SWSA birds, including some goodies like Ring-necked Duck, White-tailed Kite, and American Kestrel. Total = 83

Now my foot feels like someone dropped a sledgehammer (or perhaps a very fat Applesauce) on it. Ouuuch.

1 comment: