Friday, March 25, 2011

how can we sleep when our beds are burning...how can we walk when our canes are breaking...how can we run when our feet are blistered

My feet, shod for the entirety of the winter, have become soft. On one of my recent runs, I lost a slab of skin the size of rectangular quarter from the bottom of one of my behemoths (i.e., big toes). Then, I did a 6.5 mile run, and gave myself a beautiful blood blister on this tender patch of skin. I expect to be incapacitated for at least a week until it heals, since just walking on it is painful...curse you, fivefingers! At least my calves have finally accepted the concept of fivefingers and no longer explode into protest the morning after the run.

But was it worth it? Oh yeah. Ten new SWSA birds, with goodies like Summer Tanager, Violet-green Swallow, Black-throated Gray Warbler, and Lawrence's Goldfinch. I'm at 115; I need to catch up with those Colorado Criminals. They're Such wimps; I mean, seriously, complaining about a little ice and snow? That's like something I'd do!

No comments:

Post a Comment